- If you have an idea and you haven’t executed it a year later, you’re holding yourself up, for no reason...just start.
- No matter how much you plan you will have to learn as you go! So start!
- You either win or you learn, you need to do both but you have to start to do anything.
- You’ll need a hub to sell products (I use Shopify)
- You’ll need social media to drive traffic (IG is the homie)
- You’ll need a tool to create graphics (I use Canva)
- While building your business, treat everyday like millions of consumers are watching! If your posts are only getting 1 like, post anyway! If you stop promoting yourself you won’t sell the things. Don’t do that.
- Don’t concern yourself with how many other t-shirt businesses are out there. Take a look at the bread aisle in the grocery store, so many brands make bread, they aren’t concerned with oversaturation.
- Listen to your customers
Instead of making products and then finding a customer, you should be making products that you already know customers want. The best way to learn this is by listening to what your customers want.
- Be authentic
- People don’t buy products, they buy people (I don’t know if I quoted that quite right but you get it).
- Be yourself, your tribe will appreciate it and it’s less work than being someone else…
- People will check for you because you’re you. For example, Cardi B. We love to love her because she’s herself, unapologetically.
Get going, you got this!